Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas Card recycle


Christmas Card Recycle Garland

A few weeks ago I mentioned in a post that I was going to do some projects with the Christmas Cards I’ve saved through the years. I first started with making a garland and its coming along nicely.
I used a simple circle punch and went through the cards, strategically punching circles from the cards to get phrases, art elements, graphics and even the signatures and handwriting from my friends and loved ones to make it extra special. From the many photos I had I punched out faces so I could keep those little treasures in time. I used a 1.5″ punch here but you could probably even use different sizes and string a pattern of sizes on the jute. I folded each circle in half and then glued them together back to back. I used 5 circles in each ornament, and strung it to the jute by closing up the final two sides around the jute – just tucking the string down to the center of where the circles meet and then sealing closed.
Christmas Card Recycle Garland | Freshly Hatched Studio
I’ve got plenty of cards so I will have more than enough stock to choose from and will have a garland of memories to string on the tree this year.
http://www.freshlyhatchedstudio.com/diy-projects/christmas-card-recycle-garland/

No comments: